Thursday 16 June 2011

What Are Words



This song and video has me crying my eyes out. Everytime.

The song is sung by Chris Medina. Chris and his girlfriend was engaged to be married when only two months before the big day, his girlfriend got into a terrible car accident and ended up in a coma. She was in a coma for a month and a half while her loved ones was faced with the grief of not knowing if she would ever wake up. The doctor's had little hope. But she did wake up. With severe brain damaged. Her fiance has stuck by her. They never got married. Never got the chance to say their vows. But he has stuck to the words he was about to say to her; Through thick and thin. Through sickness and in health.

The song features the lines "What are words if you if you really don't mean it when you say them" and "What kind of guy would I be if I was to leave you when you need me the most". So beautiful it makes me cry.

I hope with all my heart that me and David will be spared from anything that horrible. But if the unimaginable was to happen, I hope I would be strong enough to do what Chris has done. I think I would. My love for David surpasses anything I have known.

Things can change in the blink of an eye and we often forget how precious life is. So watch this video (the bit when he proposes to his girlfriend is wonderful) and remember how lucky you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment