Saturday 11 June 2011

My friends got married today!

Today I attended the second wedding of my life. Two of my friends got married today. I've known the woman since I was 6 years old and the man since they became a couple 12 years ago. They are considered family, but unfortunately they live quite far away, so I don't get to see them as often as I wish.

They have been together for 12 years and have a three month old son. They didn't want to make any fuss about their wedding, they simply wanted to get married and that's exactly what happened. We were only six guests at the wedding. My mum and dad (who was their legal witnesses), my sister and me (who took the wedding photos) and David and their three month old baby boy.
They chose to do this for personal reasons and due to very complicated family relationships. I am very honoured to have been a part of their special day.

The ceremony was very simple. We were stood in a beautiful green area next to the sea. Afterwards we went to a cafe and had fresh shrimp sandwiches and coffee. In the evening we went to a restaurant in town and to have the wedding dinner. The bride was wearing a white summer dress, flats and a scarf. The groom was wearing a three piece suit.

The best thing about the day was to see how happy the wedding couple was. Sometimes all you need is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment