Friday 3 June 2011

My Thoughts About Hen Parties

I know my wedding is a far far way away yet and the date is not even set, but one thing I've been thinking about is what my hen party might be like. I know the bride is not suppose to know anything about, or have any part in arranging her own hen do. However, I have read too many stories on the wedding forum about brides ho have been disappointed about what has happened to them. So my plan is to discuss the idea of a hen party with my close ones well in advance, even before theplanning of the weddingproperly starts. Just talk about hen do's in general and tell them what I really don't want and what I might like. My close ones have a really good memory for things like this and I know they would respect my wishes. I don't want to know when, where, how, and what is going to happen. I'm not a bridezilla. I want to be surprised. But I just want to make sure that 1) there is going to be a hen party at all and 2) that it's not something I'd hate.

The one thing I wouldn't want is for it to be a "humiliation hen do". I would hate to be dressed up in horrible clothes, get clown make up and forced to sell kisses or other things. This is just so not me and I wouldn't find it funny at all. My worst nightmare. I wouldn't mind getting dressed up with sashes, veils etc. But I want to feel beautiful at the same time.











Other than that I'm open to suggestion: pentathlon, dinner, spa, drinks, picnic, games, make up courses, shopping trip, go-cart... I don't really mind as long as the people I care about are there and I'm having a relaxed and fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment