Tuesday 15 March 2011

Reception Venue Suggestion 5 - Update

Sunds Herrgård has gotten back to me with answers to the questions I asked them. So here are the additional information about this venue.
  • You can have the wedding ceremony at the estate or in their garden. The price for them arranging the chairs for the guests and a red carpet leading up the aisles is £200-£300 depending on the number of guests.
  • You will have access to your own suite with bathroom all day, but there is no overnight stays available.
  • The bar is open to 1 am, you need to leave the venue at 1.30 am - no later. If you want to stay for additional time there is a fee of £300 extra/hour.
  • If you are fewer than 40 people there is an additional 'small wedding' fee of £500.
  • During holidays like Midsummers Eve and New Years Eve there is an extra fee for the personal of between £400-£800.
  • You can but a 'drinks package' which include: 1 glass of Champagne, 1 glass of wine with your started, 2 glasses of wine with your main, 4 dl Avec and coffee with your dessert. This package costs £30/person.
  • There is a choice of 5 different 3-course-dinner menus and 4 different buffet menus. raging in price between: £40 and £53/person. The cheapest option for a party of 35 people would therefor cost £1400 (no drinks and no wedding cake). A pre-wedding consultation and food trying session is included in the food prices.
We would have to look at the menus together and decide if we think its ok or not for the prices. Personally I think it's ridiculous to charge £300 to put some chairs out on the lawn, but maybe that's just me? A Big minus is that there is not a 3-course-dinner that I can eat as they all have meat in them. And I can't say I'm overly excited by the buffet suggestions. They have a lot of meat in them as well and even though I could eat parts of them (vegetables and fish) I just don't know if it's worth all that money for a menu I'm not 100% pleased with? Also I think we could make a better buffet with more things to our taste for a lot less cash.

Once again the question is: Do we want to cook our own food or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment