Tuesday 5 April 2011

My current thoughts about our Wedding

I can't tell you how much this blog has helped me in getting inspired and plan for my upcoming wedding. By posting ideas and inspiration I'm slowly, but steadily finding out what I really want our wedding to be like. It gives me time to think through alternatives for a few days and get a gut feeling about them. At the moment this is what I want, even though I don't know how it would be arranged logistically:
  1. Outdoor ceremony: Preferably by the seafront or in a garden. The guests are seated, not standing up. There are someone singing live.
  2. Outdoor reception venue: I want it too feel friendly and the party to be easygoing, but not boring and 'cheap'.
  3. Food: Pre-drinks (wedding toast), main buffet (Mediterranean inspired with loads of vegetarian options, fruit, bread and possibly a barbecue for the meat eaters), dessert buffet OR a sundae bar.
  4. Dancing: All I want is to do the First Dance. After that I'm not too bothered. So dance floor is not a priority for me at the moment.
  5. Decorations: I want buntings, candles, table runners, possibly flowers.
The more I think about it the more I want something that feels personal and friendly and not a set wedding package that every other couple opts for. I want it to be just for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment