Tuesday 8 February 2011

The Wedding Show

Last Sunday me and David went to the UK Wedding Show at London Excel. I could write an essay on what we saw and learnt, but to keep it short and accessible I will simply list my best and worst things about the wedding fair.

Best

  • The Fashion Show. Amazing dresses on amazing models. I love to watch a show were you can tell that the models are having a good time and these models really did. Dancing, smiling and flirting with the audience. A real joy to watch. The dresses were mostly gorgeous even though there were some really bad ones too. Two in particular with one looking like it was made out of bubble wrap, and the other one covered with hideous flowers. But, like I said, mostly amazing dresses. The groom's wear was also amazing. My favourite clothes came from Couture Bride and Groom and Moss Bros.
  • Ivory and Co Tiaras. Amazing selection of utterly gorgeous tiaras and I got all giddy trying them on. It truly made me feel very bridal indeed. I must also give a hugh thank you to the nice retail representative who lent me her hair clip in order to make my hair look more like I've planned it to on my wedding day. I really appreciated it. They also had a 50% sale on. If I had a wedding dress to match my tiara to I would have bought one at once.
  • Anthony Formal Wear. Very friendly and helpful representatives. Gorgeous clothes for grooms. David's favourites.
  • Ideas. Got some inspiration from table decorations and such. Very helful for future references.

Worst

  • Uninterested retailers. At more than one stand we were met by people with no other interest than to make a sale. As soon as several retailers found out our wedding was 1.5 years away they lost all interest in serving us. That doesn't go for all the stands by any means, but it still made us feel unwanted. I understand that they want to push for a sale, but it's borderline rude and gives a very poor image of the company you are representing.
  • Bollywood drummers. There was a stand for a group of Bollywood artist you were able to hire for your wedding reception. Throughout our visit, with the exception of the duration of the fashion show, they were drumming and making a lot of noise. Admittedly it's a clever tactic to make people notice you. However, it's very annoying for anyone who is uninterested in Bollywood music. Also there was no need to bang that drum as loudly as they did.
  • Nothing to do with wedding stands. There was an energy company occupying one of the stands. WTF? Why? Not okay at a wedding show.

No comments:

Post a Comment