Monday 21 February 2011

Appointments booked

Today I've been into central London and booked a couple of appointments for me and my mum, sister and friend to look at wedding dresses. I feel so excited!

I originally wanted to book appointments with London Brides, but they turned out to not exist. At the address given on their website was a shop selling sofas. I walked up and down the street and even ventured down a couple of side streets, but to no use. Such a shame. I have heard good reviews and the website seems good. Have they moved? Gone bankrupt?

I also wanted to, and did, book, an appointment with Collezione Sposa, but decided to cancel it. If was truly looking to buy a dress, I might have kept it, but the boutique looked horrible. Over-stocked with dresses, barely room for me and the shop keeper, never mind the people I wanted to bring along. They need a bigger shop.

I did end up booking an appointment with Browns Bride. I was not going to go to this shop, but I had it recommended by someone at my fiancés workplace, so I decided to drop in. Such a lovely shop. Large space taking up several rooms, beautiful decor, lovely seats for family+friends, great dresses (although they are probably too expensive for me, but I'm just trying stuff on for fun at the moment, so who cares!) and friendly staff. They did charge £25 for a consultation fee, but I thought that was okay, considering the amazing dresses I get to try on.

I also booked an appointment with House of Fraiser's Bridal Room on Oxford Street. Very strong department feeling, but I still found the staff nice and the dresses good enough to book an appointment.

Hopefully it will be a fun day. I can't wait. Bring on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment