Wednesday 2 February 2011

Bridal Magazines Reviewed

Wedding Ideas, Issue 91 February 2011

This was the first wedding magazine I ever bought. I love that its travel size and merely costs £2.99, which for a wedding magazine is a bargain price. It's easy to read, clearly divided into different sections. It covers everything from hairstyles to Real-Life Weddings. I particularly liked the section on themed receptions, where they had put together a collage of different things that would make the themes come to life. Items featured are clearly marked with provider details and, excluding high price objects like dresses, with retail price. I found this magazine very inspiring and will most likely keep buying it for more ideas and inspiration.

Brides, April/March 2011

Marketed as the "UK's no.1 best-selling bridal magazine" I could resist the urge to pick up this during a shopping trip. At £4.99 its fairly pricey for a magazine and unfortunately I can't say it's good value for money. It's extremely heavy. My arms started to hurt before I had even got half way through, so clearly you are meant to read this at a table, not on the sofa like I did. Its also large meaning it folds in on itself in an awkward way if you attempt to hold it up. So unless you read it on a flat surface, you have to support the magazine, straining your arms even more. 90% of the magazine focuses on dresses, the bride's and the bridesmaid's. Mainly designer clothes, so absolutely nothing I can afford. I did like the 12 month planning calendar and the "What's your wedding style" quiz. However I d don't think I'll be buying this magazine again any time soon. It's just not worth the money.

Photos taken from: http://www.weddingideasmag.com/ and http://www.bridesmagazine.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment