Wednesday 9 February 2011

Budget Thoughts

Have been looking around online wedding forums for budget tips. It seems you can save money on practically anything. The reality is that you can get married for free, book a registrar and sign the papers. Done. But who wants a wedding like that? Not us. So, it's important that we decide what is worth spending money on and what is not. We haven't sat done and had a proper discussion about this yet, but I though I'd just jot down a few thoughts of mine here in the blog.

I wouldn't mind spending money on:

Wedding dress - Not huge amounts of money, but more than £30 on Ebay.
Accessories - Again, don't want to spend all the money we have, but I want something nice and definitely better than the £25 crap tiaras someone tried to sell us at the Wedding Show. Can definitely consider secondhand.
Photographer - I want great photos of our wedding day. Simple as that. Very important to me.
David's clothes - We both deserve to look amazing on our day.
Wedding rings - We'll be wearing them for the rest of our lives. It's worth the extra cash.

I could see us saving money on:

Food - Make it ourself? Have potluck? Cheaper caterer?
Flowers - How many do you really need? They even make synthetic wedding flowers?
Entertainment - People we know? Spotify? Art student?
Location - Probably will end up hiring a community hall or such.
Invites and stationary - Will make our own
Alcohol - I'm honestly not bothered. Will probably not have a lot. Maybe paid bar?

No comments:

Post a Comment