Thursday 12 May 2011

The Previously Secret Perfect Dress Revealed

I've had a long hard think about the dress that I've mentioned here, here and here and have decided to let it go, thus showing it here on the blog. I know that it won't be my dress on the big day for many reasons; you can't order it online and it's only sold in a few selected countries around the world, it's most likely in the price range of a couple of grand which is a price I'm not willing to pay and a copy from China wouldn't look nearly as good.

I love this dress for many reasons, but mostly for the back. I love the floral decoration and the see-through fabric. the delicate buttons and the swirly shoulder straps. I know that the first th
ing David fell in love with was my back and I think he would have loved seeing me in a dress like this. I also love the simple, but elegant flow to the fabric, the almost-not-there train, how the floral decorations nips in at the front by the waist and the pearls and flowers. I love the cut of the neckline.

There is nothing I don't love. Except the price. And the fact it's practically unobtainable. And I can't try it on. And I'm slightly worried that the dress would be unflattering if you don't have a completely flat tummy. But other than that...

I'll find something I'll like just as much, I'm sure. But this was the first dress I fell for completely. Papilio is a true artist. Bye Bye dress, may you make some other bride happy...

2 comments:

  1. Vilken alldeles superfin och vacker klänning! Men förtrösta inte, jag tror du kan hitta en snarlik om inte likvärdig klänning någon annanstans (och till ett inte allt för dyrt pris). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, råkade skriva fel länk ovan..
    Ville bara tillägga att snart kommer ett inlägg med Phoebes alla brudklänningar i Charmed. ;)

    ReplyDelete