Wednesday 4 May 2011

Flower Crowns


When I first started looking at dresses and outfits for the big day I was dead set on something royal and fit for a castle. However after spending a lot of time finding out what kind of wedding would be right for us I have found that this royal look would feel totally out of place.

At the moment we are looking at an outdoor, relaxed summer wedding. Decorated with buntings and wild flowers, with a buffet of gorgeous summer food. So naturally my outlook on how I want to look as a bride has changed dramatically. I now would like to look like a beautiful nymph, understated, elegant and one with nature. THE dress that I'm still in love with, is actually from a collection called 'Nymph'.

These flower crowns/wreaths would complete the look nicely. My mum actually suggested for me to have flowers in my hair when we talked about the wedding (I don't like to talk to much about it with family and friends as I don't want their opinions to override ours), but at the time I rejected the idea. I didn't think it was elegant enough (at this stage I was still thinking royal castle). Maybe mums do know best? Anyway, at the moment I do really like the free spirited look of the women above. With the right kind of dress and in the right setting, it would be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment