Thursday 13 October 2011

Back from the dead

We have finally started to settle in to our new life in Sweden. The adjustment of moving from London to a small town in Sweden has been harder than I expected. David seem to deal with it better than me, but I'm trying to keep my chin up. Most things are great and we don't regret the choice to move here, but there are a lot of things I miss.

I am still determined to get married next year, but I need to be realistic. As we rented flats that were furnished in the UK, we ended up in our new flat with no furniture at all. We have had to buy everything and I mean everything. I have spent more money during the last month than I have spent in years. On the upside I have a job at least until the end of January 2012 and David is looking. If we could both be employed at the same time, we would end up having a better economy than we have ever had. One of us have always been a student/part time employed/out of work .

I have always planned for a budget wedding, so I'm not panicking about anything. Things will work out. All I want to do is get married to my fiance and feel pretty while doing so. I don't care if it's down the registry office or in a castle. I'll happily get married on a shoestring budget. I never dreamt of a wedding as a little girl and I can't say I dream of one now. I dream of a marriage to the man I love. Something that will happen if we spent a grand or a hundred grands.

No comments:

Post a Comment